Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
elite book
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello Support Forum,

I have a problem with my security set up. I installed  HP Client Security Manager (sp65637.exe, 8.3.3.1786 (5 april20190405_151213.jpg 2019)) under Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit to enable the fingerprint sensor and use the self-enryption feature of my , hardryv500 gb). After the software installation was complete I rebooted my notebook and tried to configure the HP Client Security Manager. The two screenshots below illustrate the problem I am experiencing.
First I see the notice "DPFPApi not initialized" and when I enter the correct Windows password, I get the error message "Value does not fall within the expected range". I cannot continue setting up the HP Client Security Manager beyond that error message.

Changing the Windows password and trying again as well as reinstalling the HP Client Security Manager did not fix the issue. The HP Hotline's only other piece of advice was to reinstall Windows, which I am not going to do because of this. Do you have any other ideas what might be causing this issue and how to fix it?

Thank you,
mk
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.