Post new question
Question

Teacher
Message 1 of 4 (913 Views)

HP Client Security Manager extension not showing up on Chrome plugin page v.2 (fingerprint chrome)

Product Name: Probook 450 G2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"Google has stopped allowing  NPAPI plugins on September 1, 2015."

A previous post with the above title (less the "v.2" post script) was marked as Answered which I believe is incorrect. I have duplicated the question title here and appended "version.2" so that both will be found when a search is made, and so that the problem that was unearthed in the original question is placed plainly in view at the beginning.

The cause of the problem was "explained", but to me not "Answered". An answer is either a) a "fix" or b) perhaps a firm statement from HP that this feature will not be integrated with Chrome.

So I will only mark this copy of the question as Answered if (a) or (b) occurs.

It is gross negligence in my view that HP can make plug-ins available which cause so much trouble. If these plug-ins are installed then Chrome complains continuously. HP needs to remove these drivers from the download area. 

Tutor
Message 2 of 4 (777 Views)

Re: HP Client Security Manager extension not showing up on Chrome plugin page v.2 (fingerprint chrom

Same goes for Firefox. Needless to say the resolve is rather simple. Fix it HP! If you no longer want to support something tell your customers out of respect. Don't simply go and change it and expect people to live with it. You created something for people to use and simplify a part of their life. Now that they use it, you then leave them to realize what life is like without something they leaned on to have one less thing to worry about.

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (613 Views)

Re: HP Client Security Manager extension not showing up on Chrome plugin page v.2 (fingerprint chrom

[ Edited ]

No need to say anything else. But if HP still avoids to give an answer that's an obvious request to buy different brands in future. So in fact it would really really be better for all of us, if HP would at least give an answer or - much better - fix the issue.

Student
Message 4 of 4 (426 Views)

Crickets...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation