Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 2560p Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had driver issues for this computer once updated from Win 7 to Win 10. Needed Pci serial port and 3 other unknown drivers. Used this link to find drivers and they worked. The ideas is to use Win 8.1 drivers and they worked! I understand it lists a different setup, it still worked for me! Good luck. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Missing-drivers-EliteBook-8560...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Soulful2

Just to let you know some W7 Drivers will work.

But in the future Intel and others will not provide W7, W8 and W8.1 drivers for the newer hardware.

REO

HP Recommended

I have successfully installed Windows 10 on an elitebook 2560p. First, it is always better to do a clean install than upgrading.

Windows 10 mostly works fine without any additional drivers beyond the ones that Windows 10 auto download from Windows update. Only the following minor problems:

The brightness keys don't work (you can adjust the brightness in the settings or by clicking on the battery icon of the taskbar, though). You can install the Windows 7 hotkeys driver after having installed an old version of .NET following this: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/Dn482069.aspx. But you will then see a Windows 7 like slider in addition to the Windows 10 one (also for the sound keys). This seems a lot to install for a few keys; I prefer to stay without it.

The accelerometer for the HP driveguard don't work (and you have an error in the device manager). The Windows 8.1 driver will make the device manager happy, but I have not tested it further. This feature is not useful enough to install potentially conflicting drivers IMHO. I stay without it.

There is an error about the SD card reader, but it appears to works nevertheless with SD cards. I think that you will lose some functionality of it, probably MMC support. I have no use for them whatsoever; I prefer once again avoiding potentially conflicting drivers; although the Windows 8.1 driver makes the device manager happy.

There is an error about the HSPDA modem that disappears with the Windows 8.1 driver. I have not fully tested it; this would be the only missing driver where I think it would worth to try the Windows 8.1 version IMHO. In any case just install the driver, not the connection assistant (Windows 10 can do it if it recognizes the device).

Updated (4 July 2018) : The HSPDA modem works fine with the Windows 8.1 driver: Ericsson Mobile Broadband Drivers, sp66584.exe. As I said I installed just the driver and connect with the builtin ability of Windows 10 to connect to such hardware. 

My model comes without a fingerprint reader, so I can't tell. I would suggest you to avoid advise from people telling you to install a bunch of drivers from various sources. Windows 10 does, in general, a much better job finding the needed drivers by itself. In case of problems go in the device manager; right click on a problematic device and choose to update the driver from the Windows update website. You can also google the number you see in the details tab of the device manager to see exactly what doesn't work. Sometimes you will see that what doesn't work is not really useful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.