11-04-2017 07:26 AM
I have the HP Elite USB-C Dock G3 together with a HP Probook 450 G5. Everything is working a expected, except the volume for the Microphone. I have connected a Headset with combo-jack (Earphone and Microphone). The Volume of the earphones are okay, but the microphone is extreme low. I updated the Dock Firmware and the Audio Driver to the newsest version, but nothing changed. The Volume is already set to the maximum value.
If I connect the microphone to the audio port of the Laptop, then the volume is much more louder.
Does anybody has the same problem with this dock. Is there any solution, or do I have to wait for a newer version of firmware or drivers?
11-17-2017 03:29 AM
No Ideas or something?
Maybe somebody can check this at his "HP Elite USB-C Dock G3" to check if only my station has this problem, or it's a general problem?
01-03-2018 02:39 AM
I have the same problem. Using different headset results in different results. The reason I belive is the USB-C dock is not build for general microphones, as defined here, although it is not mentioned in the list:
I will switch my headset to a USB-headset as this works.
Too bad HP did not take time to reply to your comment :-(
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data