Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

HP Elite USB-C Dock G3: low microphone volume

Product Name: HP Elite USB-C Dock G3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I  have the HP Elite USB-C Dock G3 together with a HP Probook 450 G5. Everything is working a expected, except the volume for the Microphone. I have connected a Headset with combo-jack (Earphone and Microphone). The Volume of the earphones are okay, but the microphone is extreme low. I updated the Dock Firmware and the Audio Driver to the newsest version, but nothing changed. The Volume is already set to the maximum value.

If I connect the microphone to the audio port of the Laptop, then the volume is much more louder.

Does anybody has the same problem with this dock. Is there any solution, or do I have to wait for a newer version of firmware or drivers?

Tutor
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: HP Elite USB-C Dock G3: low microphone volume

No Ideas or something?

Maybe somebody can check this at his "HP Elite USB-C Dock G3" to check if only my station has this problem, or it's a general problem?

Regards...

Student
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: HP Elite USB-C Dock G3: low microphone volume

I have the same problem. Using different headset results in different results. The reason I belive is the USB-C dock is not build for general microphones, as defined here, although it is not mentioned in the list:

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c04352894

I will switch my headset to a USB-headset as this works.

Too bad HP did not take time to reply to your comment :-(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation