Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 1012 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On a daily basis roughly half our fleet of HP Elite X2 1012 G2 devices that are paired with the HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 dock crap out.  Our 1012 G1 devices are fine, our 1013 G3 devices are fine.

The dock just isn't detected, reinstalling the Intel management engine and Thunderbolt controller drivers seem to fix the issue temporarily but isn't sustainable for a corporate solution with many regional offices.  I know from a bit of research that this is a fairly common issue and HP have provided no help in resolving this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Filfa,

The dock or power supply is defective for HP Elite x2 1012 G2

SERVICE ACTION:
This is a "Fix-on-Failure" service event.

Solution :
Please call HP Tech support and request for  90W Trump Plus adapter and dock bundle need to be replaced.

"I work for HP."
Regards,
Ruben
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Recommended

We're talking 15 devices (30 docks), do you really consider the docks defective in that case?

HP Recommended

I'm having issues as well and other techs in my org say the HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2 works well; hp product # 2UK37UT.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.