Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X2 G4 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community,

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue as described in a previous post (link below), for which I cannot find a solution:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/HP-Elitebook-x360-not-Starting-with-McAfee...

My company recently purchased 4 HP Elite X2 G4 Tablets/Laptops, and because of security policies, Symantec Endpoint Encryption needs to be installed - we are currently working with SEE version 11.2.1.and WIndows 10 1909. The laptop/tablet works perfectly fine until SEE is installed and the hard drive is encrypted. Once encrypted, when I enter my credentials into the SEE Encryption screen and try to log in, the screen turns black and Windows doesn't boot up; it just stays black and eventually reboots back to the encryption login screen. The notebook appears to still be running, but that's it; it will not boot. Like the previous poster at the link above, I've flashed the BIOS to the most recent version available, and also tried disabling fast boot in the BIOS boot option, but still no luck; the darn things just won't boot.

This appears to be model-specific, as I've been able to encrypt several HP Elitebook x360 1040 G6 models with the exact same version of SEE (11.2.1) and have not had this issue. My Google-fu skills have not yielded any results, and at this point I'm at a loss. We need to be able to encrypt these laptops.

Any advice/support would be greatly appreciated as these devices are rendered useless to our company if we are not able to get them encrypted and working. Thanks in advance for your help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.