Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Elite x2 1012 G1 not charging using external battery pack

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you using an HP power back or 3rd party? it is possible that the external power pack does not provide the needed usb-c voltage and amps required by the x2 laptop

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Dear Dan,

thanks for the response, we are using a thirdparty external battery pack. what is the required power required

HP Recommended

the x2 1012 g1 asks for 12v and up to 3amps, and is likely the power pack does not supply that voltage... i confirmed by plugging the power supply to the usb-c port with a usb-c power monitor accessory (made by satechi - inexpensive)

HP sells a power pack for usb-c devices and works very well, providing voltages from 5v to 20v (according to the label)... in any case, it does work with the x2 1012 g1 Elite tablet

P/N 2NA10AA#ABA or 2NA10UT#ABA

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.