Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP USB-C Dock G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a HP EliteBook 830 G7 connected to a HP USB-C Dock G5. Currently I am using DP-port connecting 2 HP E233 monitors which are fine. But when I plug in another monitor (ViewSonic VA2259-SMH) in HDMI port on the dock, one of HP E233 monitor disconnected. Display setting of that monitor is not active any more. If I unplug the 3rd monitor from HDMI, the HP E233 monitor is back on. Is there a way that I can have 3 monitors working same time? 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

Intel CPU of 10th generation can drives a maximum of 3 monitor, included internal display. so if you want to have 3 external monitor, you must close the lid. when lidis closed , you can power on the notebook pressing the button on the USB-C docking station.

bye

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello 

there is  BIOS setting , I will write it tomorrow even if I aready provided such information about his in previous port.

bye

HP Recommended

@chunkui 

HP USB-C Gen 5 dock is compatible with with 8xx G5, G6, G7 (and G8 too) machines. I'm using it now with my HP 840 G5 machine. It works beautifully.

More information

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello

how is the lid of the notebook , is it close or open ?

bye

HP Recommended

I have tried check BIOS 'Enable High Resolution mode when connected to USB-C DP alt mode dock' without luck. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it is not working with my laptop. Not sure what's wrong.

HP Recommended

Hi, the lid of my laptop is open since I have to press power button to turn it on. 

HP Recommended

Please see the snapshot of my display setting which shows the 4th monitor is not active:

chunkui_0-1634506389486.png

chunkui_1-1634506439623.png

Anyone has same issue? thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello

Intel CPU of 10th generation can drives a maximum of 3 monitor, included internal display. so if you want to have 3 external monitor, you must close the lid. when lidis closed , you can power on the notebook pressing the button on the USB-C docking station.

bye

HP Recommended

@TryToDoMybest, 

Thanks for explaining it!  When I close the lip of laptop, all is good!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.