Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI All,

Troubleshooting Question.

When I turn on my HP EliteBook 840 G6 it hangs after login. Sometimes it hangs as im logging in.

I found this article:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-840-g6-notebook-pc/26609796/document/c06531233

Which appears to be the problem, but the instructions appear misleading. (steps four and 15) Also i dont have the option to change the below. I only have from Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot  to Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot 

4. Change the option from Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot to Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable.

15. Change the boot option from to Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot back to Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Enable.

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @HReganp 

Welcome !

What you describe sounds like software issue to me caused by either corrupted account, software glitch or some faulty 3rd party app ? This is not caused by HP most likely.

This HP article you posted and refer to is not applicable in your case. The article describes a different and very specific case where the PC hangs during BIOS update. Your are not updating the BIOS when it hangs.

So.... before we continue, could you confirm the following:

- if this PC is your own device or it is a company owned asset ?

- does it always hang up or just sometimes ?

- are you able to load Desktop at least once in 24 hours ? It is usable at the moment ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.