Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-09-2020 05:32 PM - edited 03-09-2020 05:33 PM
When I turn on my HP EliteBook 840 G6 it hangs after login. Sometimes it hangs as im logging in.
I found this article:
Which appears to be the problem, but the instructions appear misleading. (steps four and 15) Also i dont have the option to change the below. I only have from Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot to Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot
4. Change the option from Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot to Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable.
15. Change the boot option from to Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot back to Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Enable.
Any help would be appreciated.
03-10-2020 05:00 PM - edited 03-10-2020 05:02 PM
What you describe sounds like software issue to me caused by either corrupted account, software glitch or some faulty 3rd party app ? This is not caused by HP most likely.
This HP article you posted and refer to is not applicable in your case. The article describes a different and very specific case where the PC hangs during BIOS update. Your are not updating the BIOS when it hangs.
- Here is information what is a BIOS >> https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/b/bios.htm
- Here is information what is UEFI >> https://www.howtogeek.com/56958/htg-explains-how-uefi-will-replace-the-bios/
So.... before we continue, could you confirm the following:
- if this PC is your own device or it is a company owned asset ?
- does it always hang up or just sometimes ?
- are you able to load Desktop at least once in 24 hours ? It is usable at the moment ?
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community