Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

At the moment we are having a problem with our new Business laptops (HP EliteBook 850 G3)

We are deploying our systems with SCCM 2012 R2 (Client:windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit)

In the task sequence we apply our image, install driverpacks, edit bios settings and some general settings. 

The deployment for the HP EliteBook 850G3 works fine, but we do have a problem with adjusting bios settings. 

Our steps are as followed:

1. Clear possible Bios passwords (works good)

2. Set Bios Password (works good)

3. Apply default Bios settings which does the following.

- Change Boot order (works good)

- Enable TPM (works good)

- some other default settings which all work good

After the settings are applied the system will reboot. 

After the reboot there is a prompt called Tpm Ppi

A Configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM

Warning: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys. 

Press F1 = Accept

Press F2 = Reject

In all our other models their is a settings something like the settings listed below:

Embedded Security Activation Policy
F1 to Boot
Allow user to reject
*No prompts
TPM Activation Policy
F1 to Boot
Allow user to reject
*No prompts

TPM Activation Policy
Allow user to reject
*No prompts

I am unable to locate this setting in the HP EliteBook 850 G3's Bios. 

We don't want the BIOS to Prompt for F1 after enabling the TPM. 

I hope there is a solution for this, cause our Systems won't deploy without pressing the F1 button during the task sequence. 

Grtz Lennard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please verify that you are using the latest version of BiosConfigUtility.exe (4.0.13.1) and that the notebooks are running the latest system BIOS (1.04).  This should correct the problem.

BiosConfigUtility: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72014.exe

850 G3 BIOS: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74748.exe

I work for HP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please verify that you are using the latest version of BiosConfigUtility.exe (4.0.13.1) and that the notebooks are running the latest system BIOS (1.04).  This should correct the problem.

BiosConfigUtility: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72014.exe

850 G3 BIOS: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74748.exe

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply,

I've made a couple of changes in the Task sequence.

The Bios will update to the newest version and I've added the new BiosConfigUtility with a new repset file. 

The deployment is running right now and will let you know if this solves the problem. 

HP Recommended

Updating the Bios and using the new bios config utility solved the problem!

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Glad to hear it.  Thank you for the feedback!

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Same hardware, latest BIOS (1.05) and using latest BCU (4.0.15.1).

Still having the same issue.

Is there a workaround or fix? When using a "Zero Touch" deployment this is not really a desirable behaviour!

HP Recommended

Hi

Did you found a solution yet?

HP Recommended

Did you tried BIOS Version 01.07? I will start to integrate the 840 G3 in our environment in 2 Weeks...

HP Recommended

Dear Friends,

I should build a Demonstrator with some Elitebook 850 G3 (820G3, 840G3) Notebooks and VMWARE ESXI 6.7 installed.

Now I have a look to the BIOS Settings (1.29) and some of them I don´t understand. 

Can somewhere provide me a description about the BIOS settings and what is the function of nin-standard parameters?

The most BIOS settings I understand, but some Parameters are not descripted and I found 

no documentaion about it. Does HP not provide it e.g. for system integrators like me?

br

marc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.