Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope someone here can help, I am at my wits end!

I purchased a laptop for my stepfather and It arrived with windows 10 installed and the track-pad not acting correctly.

The issues are peculiar in a way I have never seen before. They are as follows,

Track-pad and buttons seem to work correctly on boot (excluding right click)
If at any point you right click, such as on the desktop, it drags out the selection marquee, if you click away the right click menu appears where the cursor appear on the first right click.

Any right or left click after this point brings up the right click menu.
The mouse will then only interact with certain windows, ignoring others unless you reboot the track pad (by double tapping the top left corner) then it will interact with the top window at the time.

I have tried several versions of synapsis drivers directly from the HP site, both the most recent and 2 older ones.
At one point yesterday after removing all drivers then allowing windows to install synapsis drivers automatically the track pad and buttons behaved as they should for around a day, then the same issues popped up.

This is surely a driver issue but I have no idea what else I can try!

Any advice on this would be of great help. I know these laptops didn't ship with windows 10 but surely they can still behave.

Kind regards,
Tom

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.