Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do have a brand new HP Elitebook 840 G3.

Otherwise things have run smoothly with it, but my HP ZR2740w is not even recognized by the Elitebook, when connected with a displayport cable. The laptop is running company standard windows 7 professional  (64bit).

The ZR2740w does only support 2540x1440, 1280x720,...so when connected with a displayport-hdmi adapter and a hdmi-displayport cable, the available 1280x720 resolution is pretty bad on a 27" screen. In this case my Windows 7 prof (64bit) shows the ZR2740w normally. There is nothing wrong with ZR2740w and the cables - they are used with my desktop computer all the time. Display is working with my previous HP Elitebook folio (win7), win7home, win 10 home...

Is there any solution to this? Update to Windows 10 only?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Was this issue resolved?

I have an HP EliteBook 840 G3 with Windows 7 and it does not recognize an HP ZR2740w display via Display Port connection. I'm connecting directly to the laptop's Display Port and not to a docking station.

By the way, it recognizes a VGA display.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem here, 840 g3, with 2 monitors, both VGA.

I tried the monitors in the VGA port and they're working but when I try by adaptor (VGA-Display Port) it doesn't recognise the monitor.

I haven't tried directly with a display port monitor but the adaptor works on other computer.

HP Recommended

Meanwhile my Laptop has been upgraded to Windows 10, but the issue was not resolved with this change. I must still use the docking station to connect my ZR2740w.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.