Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, We have few users (3 - 4) reporting performance issue with the 840 G5 touchscreen models. We have many nontouch 840 G5 and have not heard any problems. Mainly File Explorer crashes while the user is using the computer. This can be a network share or even local document folder.

I have ran windows updated, updated bios, made sure all drivers are up to date. 

Has this been reported by other 840 G5 touchscreen users? Anything I can try to do ? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, i have the same problem with nontouch 840 G5. Windows Explorer crashes/disappears without error. Mainly on network shares. Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

my first recommendation is to use HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) and update BIOS and all drivers on the system... post back if you still have issues and perhaps provide details of the problem

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.