Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing performance issues on my HP Elitebook 840 G5. i have installed 32 Gb RAM and 500GB Samsung EVO 970 Plus still my system performance is not upto the mark. delay in opening the applications and it feels like i am using 8 Gb Ram system please help me to tune the performance. Here is my system specs

System Specs:

manufacturer HP
product HP EliteBook 840 G5

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Enterprise Edition 64-bit (Build 18362) (BitLocker Enabled)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Memory Type DDR4
Memory Size 32 GBytes (16 x 2) Adata
Channels Dual

Command Rate 2T

Max bandwidth DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz)

BIOS version Q78 Ver. 01.09.01

Storage Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Capacity 465.8 GB
Type Fixed, SSD
Bus Type NVMe
Volume c:\, 199.9 GBytes (50.6 percent available)
Volume d:\, 218.7 GBytes (87.1 percent available)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

was performance fine with the original drive that came with the laptop?

i would certainly update everything... Use HP Image Assistant and let it update everything it suggests

also, is there a specific reason you split up the SSD into 2 drives

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I ordered the system in this specs so i don't know what is the performance with original specs.

I will try HP Image Assistant.
No specific reason for splitting in two Just to save the important things to D drive so if window gets corrupt These important documents and project might not gets destroyed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.