Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i am using a HP Elitebook 840 G6 with Windows 10 1903.

Until now i didn`t find a solution to have the remaining time on Battery.

I have tried the option with the registry keys:

https://www.howtogeek.com/405868/how-to-enable-remaining-battery-time-in-windows-10/

I have searched the option the bios to enable battery time remaining  (this option is not available in the latest bios-version for the HP Elitebook 840 G6)

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-remaining-battery-time-hp-spectre-x360

A third party tool like "batterycare" is displaying the remaining battery tool , but windows 10 not (only seeing the % of the battery).

Summary of the situation:

Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 with latest updates

HP Elitebook 840 G6 with all drivers/firmware/bios/application up-to-date

Registry settings are checked for this option

Anybody with a solution for this??

thx

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

i did also reinstallation of Windows on a separate SSD.

Also with installation of all drivers by HP support assist still same problem.

Also no influence from some group policies or something.

So this issue must come from the HP hardware/bios, that is for sure!

Anybody with a solution for this??

HP Recommended

I'm also looking for a solution for this. I have the same problem on a HP 830 G5, running on Windows 10 Pro,  version 1903. Already tried the registry solution, not working.

HP Recommended

Hm Very strange this is happening.

Maybe @HP can answer/look at this issue??

HP Recommended

Hello

it's a "feature" of Windows 10, I don't remember from which Win10 version/build  , so ask Microsoft , not to HP.

Bye

HP Recommended

uhh...off cource not.

You don`t understand at all.

This option is working on every other brand laptop , and not on this elitebook-serie.

Same version of windows 10 on another device is no problem.

Off course it`s a HP issue!!

HP Recommended

Any news on this? Is still not working. Tried the same Windows 10 1903 on 3 HP Elitebooks laptops: 820 G3 (works), 840 G3 (works), on 830 G5 is not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.