SamsungASUS
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3 error during bootup

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently got a HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3 and tried to  install Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. When I booted from the flash drive, it displayed an error code of 0xc000000d and reported that it had a problem reading the boot configuration data for EFI/Microsoft/Boot/BCD. I had also tried to install it with UEFI mode. I've tried multiple Windows 7 images, even tried using a custom installer to boot from Windows PE, none of them worked. I tried clearing the CMOS, resetting the BIOS to factory settings, tried secure erase, tried updating the BIOS, and none of them worked either. So, finally, what I did was disable secure boot and enable legacy support, and it booted, but I didn't want to use those settings as I am not really fond of legacy support. When it failed to boot, I had secure boot disabled and legacy mode disabled, and it failed all those times. I even tried contacting HP support through phone, and none had the solution. This is rather frustrating because I had installed Windows 7 without legacy support on a Samsung laptop and an Alienware laptop as well. What I did was install Windows 7 with legacy enabled, installed the Intel video drivers, disabled legacy, and it worked. But no matter if I had the Intel video drivers installed or not, it always gave me the error screen. Any help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation