cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveeQ
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Elitebook x360 1020 connected to Thunderbolt 3 dock still glitchy after running driver updates

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook x360 1020 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop = HP Elitebook x360 1020 G2 (2018), Win10P, i7, 16G, 512SSD (12", 2 USB-c ports, 1 Displayport)

Dock = Thunderbolt 3

Downloaded and ran all driver updates and BIOS update to the laptop in exact order according to the HP Thunderbolt 3 user manual. Ran all Windows updates. Ran Logitech mouse/keyboard driver update.

GLITCH: USB hardwired Logitech mouse and keyboard connected to the dock are erratic and freeze. The Logitech wireless mouse keyboard behave the same way. An HP Z-Display monitor connected to the dock's Displayport flickered off several times, came back. Ran full Norton scan on the laptop, no viruses. The same mice/keyboards run fine on my HP Elitebook 840 laptop with HP slim dock. 

Coincidentally, this x360 1020 laptop ran a forced Windows update last night that resulted in the laptop going to blue error screen FOUR TIMES in a row during restarts. The fifth time it seemed to stabilize and it has run fine 4 hours now unconnected to the dock.

Is this a bad dock or is the Elitebook x360 1020 glitchy with the Thunderbolt 3, or glitchy with any dock? The Thunderbolt 3 is listed  on the HP support site as compatible with both 2017 and 2018 versions of the Elitebook x360 1020 G2. I have the 2018 version of the Elitebook x360 1020.

Many thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation