cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Envy 15-ep0008na Touchpad missing most clicks

HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-ep0008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have just started using an HP Envy 15-ep0008na - arrived in Sep 2020. First I udpated all the windows updates and whatever HP Support tool installed - bios and so on.

As I was using it I noticed it was often missing my single clicks on the touchpad. Unfortunately when I tried to edit a document it proved impossible as it missed nearly all my single clicks.

Basically the problem is that when I single click, for which I use my thumb, it mostly ignores it. Having experimented, it appears that it depends on how much of my thumb contacts the touchpad. In fact if I click with a finger, and my finger is fairly flat on the touchpad, it also fails to notice the click.

My old laptop (Dell) has not got this problem. Indeed no other laptop I have ever used has had this problem, and that is a fair few.

Basically it appears that the touchpad must think I am doing some other gesture, so it ignores the click, even though there is a very audible click.

The laptop is completely unusable for me. My wife has an HP Envy 15 360 which while not brilliant is somewhat better than this one.

Any suggestions? It feels like a driver issue, but...

Thanks,
Jeremy

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation