Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Folio 1040 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Support Team,

I recently update the BIOS on my Folio 1040 G2 to the newest version (1.16). After the update the keyboard backlit is not working. In the BIOS settings under the advaced setting/built-in device configuration there is no option for the timeout for the backlit. Pressing the dedicated button (FN + F11) nothing happens. I tried to downgrade the BIOS but it seems that it is not allowed (BIOS did not pass the validation).

Please help!

Thank You in advance!

Gabor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update: It was a physical error, not BIOS related. The backlit started to work for about 1 minute. I rebooted the machine and in the BIOS there was the backlit timeot option again.After the next reboot it was dark again. If I pushed the bottom of the notebook, it worked for a while, then I reseat the cable between the keyboard and the main board and it works again...

Gabor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I finished downgrading the BIOS to v1.14 but the backlit still not working. The lower versions are not able to flash.

Gabor

HP Recommended

Update: It was a physical error, not BIOS related. The backlit started to work for about 1 minute. I rebooted the machine and in the BIOS there was the backlit timeot option again.After the next reboot it was dark again. If I pushed the bottom of the notebook, it worked for a while, then I reseat the cable between the keyboard and the main board and it works again...

Gabor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.