Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 650 G5 Notebook PC IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey. My laptop has been very slow and does not switch on now, it just loads only. When I did the diagnostics I got:

HP Hard drive check has identified a critical failure in your system that requires repair with failure ID code: 9AHKJW-A54B12-MFGG2J-60TS03.

My device is still under warranty but my problem is that I do not have the proof of purchase as it was bought by a sponsor that did not provide the proof of purchase and is not willing to, can I fix the issue myself? Or can HP allow me for warranty repair even though I do not have the proof of purchase? 

You help will be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have to contact HP for warranty info.

I don't think you need a proof of purchase unless you disagree with the warranty start and end dates.

Look up your notebook's warranty status at the link below and if it is active, then HP should replace the hard drive for you under the warranty.

Official HP® Warranty Check – United States | HP® Customer Support

You can contact HP support in Africa at the link below...

Contact HP | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.