Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PB x360 11 EE G1 Secure Erase SSD

Probook X360 11 EE G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Probook x360 11 ee g1 and i would like to perform a secure erase of the SSD. According to documentation from HP, I should be able to go into the BIOS, Security, Utilities, and there should be options for Hard Drive Utilities to perform a secure erase. If I go to Security and Utilities there is nothing listed. I downloaded and installed the latest BIOS version (P78) 01.26 Rev.A from Feb 2019 and the utilities menu is still blank. How can I perform a secure erase on these devices?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
83,194 83,086 10,432 22,372
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kf678 

Please try the following reliable, free software

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/securely-erase-ssd-hdd.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into this if there is no way to do this using the HP tools that should be built in to the device based on the documentation from HP.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation