Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-bf025ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP Team,

I have recently bought HP Pavilion 14-bf025ur. would like to know how many RAM slots it has? Also tell me what is the max limit for RAM upgradability in this laptop. Reply soon. pls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You don't understand my answer.

The specs state that only an 8 GB bar is supported in the memory slot, not a 16 GB bar.

If you want to experiment with a 16 GB bar, that is entirely up to you.

What I am saying is that 2 x 8 GB is better performing than 1 x 16 GB.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the crucial memory upgrade report for your PC:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-14-bf025ur

Below is the link to the service manual, which also has the memory upgrade info and memory removal and replacement procedures.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05527168

HP Recommended
can I use one 16gb RAM bar? I just do not want to use one 2x8 GB of RAM

HP Recommended

Not according to crucial or the HP service manual.

Usually PC's with Intel 8th generation core processors can support 2 x 16 GB of memory, so I don't know why neither site indicates that.

So, if you want to experiment with a 16 + 4 GB memory chip, that is up to you.  I can't gamble with your money.

But 2 x 8 GB of memory is better than 1 x 16, because the 2 x 8 runs in the better performing DDR mode.

Watch this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=E_aPaj5QkmM

You may have heard that games and applications perform better with dual channel memory compared to single channel memory, but why is this the case, and how much of an improvement can you expect? In this comparison I've benchmarked 16 different games in a laptop at all setting levels as well as 9 ...
HP Recommended
  • you did not understand my question. I want to remove my 4gb and put 1x16gb RAM. I want to have, only one bar for 16gb. and then whole RAM was 16gb. I'm only interested in one question. can I use one 16gb RAM bar?
HP Recommended

You don't understand my answer.

The specs state that only an 8 GB bar is supported in the memory slot, not a 16 GB bar.

If you want to experiment with a 16 GB bar, that is entirely up to you.

What I am saying is that 2 x 8 GB is better performing than 1 x 16 GB.

HP Recommended

now understood, thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I am also saying that a 16 GB memory bar in theory should work in a notebook with an 8th generation Intel core processor.

But since the specs for your specific model only state 8 GB per slot, I can't 100% guarantee you a 16 GB memory bar will work.

The crucial memory site usually says 2 x 16 GB is supported, even if the HP manual indicates only 2 x 8 GB is supported, so I am just a tiny bit unsure if a 16 GB bar will work.

If you feel lucky, go for it.  😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.