cancel
hkdave95 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Power-On Authentication Bug. Or, more accurately deficiency.

Elite Slice
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would you like to avoid a similar situation on a 4 day old HP machine which was rebooted once? This could happen to any software developer installing the lastest Microsoft SQL server on a HP / Power-On Authentication enabled device.

I shall pass this forum post to the HP support case I have created and so far they have said they would look after me. Over to you HP.

IMG_20180327_130032 small.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
hkdave95 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, Status of issue.

1. I have a support call open with HP. For HP's benefit, case ref [removed].

2. They said they would get back to me last week, however, they must be busy as they have not contacted me. Shame.

Further notes on the issue:

1. So, Assumption. 5 users only displayed on Password Authentication Screen (PAS) as per HP programmer specification.

2. Install SQL Server 2017 Express with Machine learning. See Machine learning pool accounts

3. 20 odd pool accounts are created.

4. So, if my assumption in 1 is correct the valid account to which I know the password is pushed off the list and one finds oneself in an impossible situation.

Proposed solution:

...Allow the user to scroll through the accounts until the "proper" a/c becomes visible and thus selectable.

Note: I have not fogotten my password. I simply do not have the correct login credentials for these auto generated accounts. I shall now raise an issue witrh Microsoft to see if they can leverage some change on this case. I shall refer them to this forum post.

Good luck HP.

David

0 Kudos
MauricioRL Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, David.

I am at the tragedy of having the same problem as you had. What was the solution HP gave you to this?. I made a call to HP Support, so did the company I work for ('cause the laptop is from my work), and they keep saying it's an issue not covered by the warranty. That's absurd, 'cause we are not paying for trusting in a HP product that comes with such deficiency.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kapildev1 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was this issue resolve..?

I am also having the same issue 😒

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation