Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since starting up for the first time I am getting a screen with beautiful images before I get the windows sign in screen.  I would like to stop this from happening as it increases the boot up time.  I would like to at the very least go straight to the password entry screen.  Ultimately I would like to bypass the password screen all together.

Can anyone help?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KuchleiT

Switch off the "Slideshow" setting to stop the carousel of images from showing on the Lock screen.

Select one of the available "standard" images or brows your computer and select a favorite picture.

Windows key  Windows_10_Start_Pane_1.JPG > Settings  Settings_Wheel_2.JPG> Personalization > Lock screen

Personalize your lock screen - Microsoft Support

and

How to Customize the Lock Screen on Windows 8 or 10

From Microsoft:

Can I sign in to Windows without a password?

Use your favorite search engine and search for "log in without password windows 10"

I recommend that before you disable your main account that you first create a secondary local "administrator" type account that you can use to access (log into) your computer.  This way, if you mess up your account access, you can at least log into the computer to retrieve your data.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KuchleiT

Switch off the "Slideshow" setting to stop the carousel of images from showing on the Lock screen.

Select one of the available "standard" images or brows your computer and select a favorite picture.

Windows key  Windows_10_Start_Pane_1.JPG > Settings  Settings_Wheel_2.JPG> Personalization > Lock screen

Personalize your lock screen - Microsoft Support

and

How to Customize the Lock Screen on Windows 8 or 10

From Microsoft:

Can I sign in to Windows without a password?

Use your favorite search engine and search for "log in without password windows 10"

I recommend that before you disable your main account that you first create a secondary local "administrator" type account that you can use to access (log into) your computer.  This way, if you mess up your account access, you can at least log into the computer to retrieve your data.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hey Dragon-Fur,  Followed your suggestions.  The slideshow thing did the trick.  Unfortunately something went wrong when I created the secondary local admin account (to try and eliminate the password at logon) and it actually replaced my original acount.  Eventually so many things went wrong that I had to do a complete factory reset and then reinstall windows.  During that process i was able to achieve all my objectives so all was not lost. :generic:   All that to pass on a word of caution to anyone else trying this.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@KuchleiT 

You are welcome.

Thanks for the response, by the way.   Good to know.  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.