Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ProBook 4530s unable to change BIOS settings

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I have an HP ProBook 4530s. I am unable to change pretty much anything in the BIOS. Nearly every option is greyed out.

When I go to the BIOS Setup (by pressing F10 repeatedly when HP logo appears), I am presented with two options. One is BIOS Administrator and the other is Admin-HP (which I think is my account, not sure though.) When I select the Admin-HP account, I enter my password and then I'm presented with the BIOS setup which, as I mentioned before, barely has any selectable options.

When I select the BIOS Administrator account, I need to type a password but I don't know the password of that account. When I get it 3 times wrong, I get the message: "System locked      Press the power button to restart the system"

Is there any way to access the BIOS Administrator or is there any way to get the options in my user account?

I have seen on the internet about removing CMOS battery for a bit then put it back again, but I'm not willing to take the risk of bricking my system as I don't know if the password is stored in the CMOS or in the EEPROM.

And in the country I live in, HP Authorized repair shops aren't really here.

I also got pre-installed Windows 7 removed and put an SSD with Windows 10 on it if that makes a difference. And I couldn't find the bloatware for Windows 10 for my model if this makes a difference.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation