Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 640 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been trying to use a HP ProBook 640 G2 with a LG Ultrawide 29UM59 using the DisplayPort, but i am only able to get 1920x1080, shouldnt it be possible to get 2560 x 1600?

The model I have has an Intel graphic card.

I allready installed the latest intel graphic drivers (sp85515) but the problem persists.

Can you help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

you are not specifying if you are connecting directly to the laptop's DP port or to the dock - and if so, which dock? also, is the laptop with or without a discrete graphics card?

The quickspecs document for the ProBook 640 G2 - http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04801000.pdf shows the graphics specs

If connecting directly to the laptop, the document shows this capability:

DisplayPort 1.2: Supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600, 30-bit color depth at 60 Hz, and full HD (1920 x 1080) monitors, 24-bit color depth at 120 Hz

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Im connecting directly to the laptop's DP port.

The  laptop graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics 520.

I dont see how to enable 30-bit color depth at 60 Hz?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.