cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexknelson_tf
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Probook 440 G5s: 25% of the time they Hang during OSD of Win10 x64 1703.

HP Recommended
ProBook 440 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys, I'm running into an issue with our HP Probook 440 G5s: 25% of the time they will hang during OSD of Win10 x64 1703.

Once in a while after a restart it will hang again sometime with the spinning circle of dots sometimes with a blank black screen with just the mouse pointer, most of the time it will boot normally. I know that also sometimes the G5's will hang when provisioning is installing software and we have to restart them. When a G5 hangs during loading we reload it and it loads fine. One in a while it will hang again when it is reloaded. We see them Hang on the final reboot before the load is complete.

smsts.log pointed me to a step in the task sequence where I was configuring our vpn client mtu settings but disabling that step hasn't resolved the issue.

Previous HP, Dell and Lenovo models are loading without issue.

I have an open case with Microsoft's System Center team but they say the logs I gathered for them from a working and non-working G5 don't show any issues. They're now pulling in the Windows team for help.

Do you guys/gals have any thought/ideas to share?

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Alex

1 REPLY 1
LeonardoAdrian
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same problem can u fix it already? ty

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation