oscar__
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Probook 450 G3 not powering on

HP Recommended
Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all, as the subject suggests, i have an HP probook 450 G3 that is not powering on. 

The staff member who's laptop this is sent it back to me after it died on him out of no where - as in, he was working on it fine one minute, then locked the laptop, and came back to it 5 minutes later and it was dead. 

I have run through all the HP recommended steps, such as hard resetting, attempting to power on the laptop using either just battery, or just the charger with the battery removed etc. Have swapped chargers with other 450 G3's that we have in the office.

I swapped RAM slots, removed and replaced the hard drive etc. I have also checked that the hard drive isnt the issue - i am able to boot from it on a different laptop. 

So next step, I took the laptop apart to see if anything obvious had blown - there was no evidence of anything blown. I also did the obvious and checked that the power button itself wasnt causing an issue - it was still connected seemed to be functioning as expected. 

I have also tried disconnecting the fan (which some threads recommended) but still nothing. 

The only telltale sign through out all this has been that no lights (not a signle LED on the entire lapotp, no power light, no lights under the keyboard, nothing) has flashed or powered on in the time i have tried to fix this. 

Is this indicitive of motherboard failure? Is there anything more i can do, or should i send this to a tech?

1 REPLY 1
Adelphi_Admin
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exact issue with me, same bodel, swapped the hard drive and memory, doesn't turn on still.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation