SamiHaq
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Probook 450 G4 does not detect M.2 Corsair MP510

HP Recommended
Probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I plugged  new SSD "Corsair Force Series MP510 NVMe PCIe Gen3  x4  M.2  SSD"  and the laptop just shows:

"Boot device not found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0)"

When I run the system diagnostics and do a hard drive check the laptop says "No hard drive installed. Please check that the power and data cables are connected properly."

I have already to reseated the SSD and no luck, when I tried swapping back to the old SSD it still works perfectly.

The new SSD is clearly not faulty as I'm able to see all the files on it and the laptop is able to see and read it via the adaptor. I tried running the laptop in legacy boot mode but no luck.

It's been driving me crazy for the last 4 days, any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. I don't see any reason why this SSD is not supported by the motherboard.

suggest some converter for connectivity between M.2 PCIe NVME to M.2 NGFF 2280 for probook 450 G4.

There should be some solution. Guide accordingly

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation