Cisco71
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Probook 450 G5 fingerprint failure

HP Recommended
Probook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought a HP Probook 450 G5 and have a problem with the fingerprint login. Sometimes, after I 've locked the laptop manually (Start / User / Lock) and want to try to login back, I can't use the fingerprint, only password login, the message saying fingerprint is not verified. In this case I have either to login with password, or to put the machine to sleep, wake it up, and in this way fingerprint recognition works again.

I mention I'm using my Microsoft account to login to the computer, and I have rolled in two of my fingerprints without any problems. In other situations (restart, shut down and start, HP Client Security options) the fingerprint reader works well and fast, the only situation I face the problem is that described above.  I couldnt't identify the circumstances of this phenomenon, it seems to appear randomly.

Does someone have a similar problem? Any suggestions to solve it?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation