cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Deviss
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Probook 640 G1 from 2014

HP Recommended
HP Probook 640 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

i got a Probook 640 G1 from my workplace for free. I want to upgrade a few things, nothing special. But on the right corner are two empty slots, i think there should be the wlan nic, because there are cables for it.

I think the user documentation from that notebook i found on the HP Homepage is pure **bleep**, because there is not really any thing about the needed hardware to read.

Anyone knows which NIC i need for which of the 2 Slots? I think one is for SIM and the other for WLan, but i am not sure.

Sorry for my bad english.

1 REPLY 1
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 865 75 131
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All HP systems have a supporting Service/Maintenance guide which provides details on the system. You can find all you need about what's in the ProBook 640 G1 in its manual: HP ProBook 640 G1 Notebook PCHP ProBook 645 G1 Notebook PCHP ProBook 650 G1 Notebook PCHP ProBook 65...

when looking for this info, i start at support.hp.com and then click on manuals once i find the appropriate product page

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation