Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 640 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have purchased an HP Probook 640 G2 intel i5-6200U Processor.

When i checked the Warranty of this notebook through HP Warranty Check website, it says remaining 9 months (Jan 2020). It says that the Warranty started reading in January 2017.

The Laptop is brand new in box and according to HP,  it is meant to come with 3 years Warranty.

But it is brand New unused, how could the Warranty be counting down without using it? I thought the Warranty would start from the date of first use.

Please help clarify the above information if the warranty should start from when purchased or What it actually reads on HP website.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP starts the warranty start date the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.

You will have to call HP technical support and have the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

I have this old phone directory of business PC support numbers.  Hopefully the one for your country is still valid.

http://jp.ext.hp.com/lib/doc/manual/desktop/business_desktops/332630_007.pdf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.