Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook x360 440 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The quickspecs document for HP Probook X360 440 G1 indicates that some models have backlit keyboard. See page 3 here:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05949089&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&sea...

It seems there are 8 variants/confiigurations available in my region, but I can't find any information on which ones come with backlight keyboard: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=21019718#!tab=models

I tried calling the phone number on the page above (took me to HP store), but since all variants are not currently sold direct from HP store I was told by the sales rep that he did not have the information available.

Several of the configurations listed above are available to me from 3rd party resellers, but I suspect they won't have the informaiton from HP that would enable them to tell me with certainty if the configuration they have comes with backlit keyboard. 

Can anyone advise how I can find out which variants/configurations come with backlit keyboard?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Ozaz,

HP Probook x360 440 G1 has different configuration, where on HP store there is an option for customize with Backlit Keyboard depending on region.

Please call HP sales and request to customize with Backlit Keyboard.

"I work for HP."
Regards,
Ruben
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Recommended

Hello Ruben,

Thanks for getting back to me. In my region (UK) there are no customisation options. The laptop is only available to me pre-configured and some of these pre-configured options are onlly available from 3rd party resellers and not from the HP store.

Are you saying there are no pre-configured options which have the backlight keyboard and this is only available through customer customisation?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have this laptop model.

Is it possible to order a backlit keyboard?

Will this work?

HP Recommended

After lots of searches and on call with HP Romania, I found there is a backlit keyboard part number for this notebook.

This is extras from the "HP ProBook x360 440 G1 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide"  first edition june 2018,

Document part number: L25622-001 (clik link)

page 50

"Keyboard
In this section, the ƭrst table provides the main spare part number for the keyboards. The second table
provides the country codes.
Description Spare part number
Keyboard, no backlight L28408-xxx
Keyboard, backlit L28406-xxx

page50.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.