Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

In March 2021, I decided to buy an HP Spectre x360 (i5, 8GB/512GB, 11th gen Intel). On month into the laptop, I started noticing some hairline scratches on the screen for some reason and called HP up to check in about this issue. They dismissed me by saying scratches are not covered under warranty. The following months, I kept on telling HP that this issue is due to their fault in design and not caused by me. It was later that I found out that the hinges on the laptop were not symmetrical and my laptop was not aligning right.

So, then I notified HP and they sent a person to change the top of the laptop and the person did a horrible job because it wasn't fixed and despite me telling them to not close the case, they will did. Of course I elevated this and they sent someone more experienced and the top was changed yet again but the hinges were still not alligned well. After my suggestion, the bottom's top cover (the part with the keyboard) was also replaced but even this didn't solve the hinges issue (current issue). Now while the top cover was being changed the engineer and I noticed something really disturbing. When he attached the top cover (without the computer component) attached to the screen part, the hinges alligned perfectly, however when he attached other components (motherboard, fan, SSD and stuff) the hinges bent inwards towards the screen.

This was not a servicing error, it is a design issue. Because it is slightly bent, it makes the laptop vulnerable to allignment issues. Although the engineer told me that this bend would not cause long yerm effects, I beg to differ because that angle was not their original plan (evident from the Hinges being straight without components). HP also told me that this is not a known defect. I believe that this is due to the use of bad quality materials as well as due to the inadequate product quality testing.

I am trying to get a refund because this is an expensive device and I am not willing to compromise on quality. 

What do I do incase this does not get resolved? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.