Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1040 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an Elitebook x360 1040 g5 half a year ago for my company.

Reason: Excellent notebook, advertised as rugged meeting military standards (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIczyzJd3uo), 3 yrs warranty, good service in the past.
Now had a problem with one of the thunderbolt ports and a "cloud" on the screen. Called HP and was asked to send in the notebook. Days later, I am  told that the notebook has water damage, warranty is void. Repair possible for the steep price of €986.34. 5% "discount" was offered on the repair. No good will, no alternative offer for a replacement notebook at production cost. So much about a notebook advertised as rugged, meeting military standards etc. . . . watch the attached HP video!
After several telephone calls and e-mails the "discount" was increased to 15 and 20%. No sensible alternative offer. No warranty AND the offer of a repair for still an unjustifiable price. . . provision of a replacement notebook would cost HP less since the repair has a price tag higher than the production costs of a notebook!!! They must be making a significant profit on this instead of providing a service.
It seems clear that HP has outsourced their support and that the company taking care of the support is optimizing their own profits rather than trying to provide excellent support to HP customers. This is very different to the HP support I was used to in the past.
Is this a general experience of HP customers in 2020? Is HP aware of what this does? Without a fair service, I will have to change brands for my company, use Dell or Lenovo or Acer (my daughter just received much better service from them!) . . . 
Is it possible to contact HP about this rather than this strange "HP Service" company? Can someone tell me who to turn to?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MediConsultant 

I've read your post twice - I think you are asking us to intervene on your behalf to challenge the decision made by HP Support.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people like yourself who own and use HP technology.

We do have some limited ability to request additional assistance when it is needed.

Nothing within our organizational structure has the authority to overturn decisions made by HP Support.

That said,

The best I can do is to forward your comments for review.

I will do that.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.