Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

HP Spectre Motherboard Failure

HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, the motherboard on my 3 year old but rarely used Spectre x360 puffed up in smoke this week. The warranty is only one year so now expired but I'm finding it impossible to get support on this issue.

I've tried to log a csae on the HP Business Portal buut keep getting the message 'Your case could not be submitted. Please wait a moment then click the submit button again.'

The laptop was rarely used except for a few hours a month and always stored in its protective sleeve.

When trying to research troubleshooting the issue I found thousands of identical issues with this same Spectre X360 model. Is there something that can be done to fix the board in this as it did die prematurely?

17 REPLIES 17
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,206 44,979 7,264 12,937
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need the specific model number but I will guess it is a 13-4xxx series?

0 Kudos
GordonSt
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, yes its the HP Spectre x360 - 13-4009na  (L6A11EA#ABU)

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have attempted to directly involve HP. You may get another message here likely today. If you do not stay with us. The Forum has no ability to provide free service but there are ways you can have the unit fixed for a pretty reasonable price. But before we go down that road let's see what help HP can offer. 

danny-r
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 144 480
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GordonSt

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
GordonSt
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I hope I will hear from HP soon. I would really like to get this repaired as I've had so little use from it.

0 Kudos
GordonSt
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still no contact from HP. I would really like to get this Spectre X360 running again considering how little use it's had.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Happy to help within the limits discussed above. 

0 Kudos
GordonSt
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Can anybody help with a failed motherboard on a HP Spectre X360. Having read through some google searches I gather this is a very common fault for this model which was never officially addressed by HP.

I have been unable to make contact with HP Ireland to find a solution which I find very disappointing.

This laptop was marketed as a premium product, it's a shame the backup service is not commensurate to the product placement.

0 Kudos
Isomerator
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've recently had the fried motherboard issue as well.  I am looking for assistance in getting this repaired.  I echo that HP has serious repeat issue with these motherboards on a large scale.....a simple google search proves the point.  I would greatly appreciate being contacted by support to resolve this as soon as possible.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation