Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13”
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve had the HP Spectre x360 for a few months now but it’s starting to present loud fan noises even when idle.

I am an Senior IT Consultant, so I’ve done the basics, it appears to happen more when pressure is applied to the laptop case, so it would seem that possibly the casing is rubbing on the cpu fan.

The laptop is working perfectly every where else so would like to get this resolved ASAP, as I use this laptop for work 

Alex Withers
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@alexwithers2712,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the laptop fan is making noise when pressure is applied on the laptop.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact HP phone support as it looks like a mechanical issue. I will share you few details through a private message about the service options dedicated to your product, please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The issue has reoccurred after HP saying they fixed it, was without my laptop for 2 weeks.

really not happy to the stage that I’m feel like raising a complaint and asking for a refund or replacement machine 

Alex Withers
HP Recommended

@alexwithers2712,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am yet to have a response from  HP Support representative!!!

Alex Withers
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.