Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I puchased a HP Spectre x360 13 inch in February 2019 - this YEAR !!

I was working on a document this morning and the whole laptop just turned off, at first I thought it had gone to sleep, but  I can not turn it back on.

The laptop was charged to 98%

I tried the following:

Hard restart Mute and Power Key - did not work

Tried to access BIOS by the Windows and B keys and Power Key - Did not work

I let it charge for over an hour and then tried again - no luck

We do not have a Support Centre here in Australia only in Singapore, so I am arranging to get it sent to Signapore and repaired.

MY QUESTION IS:

I googled it and it seems to be a common issue with everyone saying it the Motherboard?  If this is such a common issue why has HP not resolved it?

Can I relay on the laptop after it's beem repaired, it's critical to my business.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SchelleT
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

My biggest question is can I rely on the laptop even after a new motherboard has been put in.

I travel a lot for business and if this occurs while I am away, I loose billable hours for my company.

Has anyone had their motherboard fail after it was replace?

HP Recommended

It is now the 11 July, and yesterday I finally got my laptop back, apparently it was the battery.

The Stressful Process (even though the Support Rep was amazing):

• Reported the laptop for warranty 28th May 19.
  • Laptop picked up and sent to Singapore from Australia (they do NOT have a tech support facility in Australia)
  • After 2 weeks I contacted them, they said it was the battery and they didn't have the part, They ordered the part told it would be there on the 2nd July.
  • Received an email saying part is delayed. OK, I was being patient.....
  • I called them and said I need it back no later than the 12 July as I am flying out, support was lovely and said they would make it a priority.
  • I received an email saying the are sending the Laptop back un-repaired (at my request - This was a bit of a stressful moment as it was NOT at my request)
  • I called them asking what was happening - they said they had the part in Australia and would be sending out a local tech to install it.
  • Local tech installed yesterday.

WHAT A DRAMA, all the time and all of the costs of the couriers (I am 4 hours from a major capital city) courier to Singapore and back, new part sent to a local technician via courier, cost of local external tech, wouldn't it have been cheaper to give me a new laptop seeing as it was only 12 weeks old?

HP, I seriously think you should consider simply replacing laptops if they are rather new, the cost to HP and my time I was without my work tool was insane.

As stressful and time consuming as this was, I do have to give credit to your support - her name was Jasmine from PPS CSS SST, she did her absolute best, but HP overall need to reconsider their warranty process.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem as: @SchelleT I tried all of the combinations and different outlets and my Spectre still wont come on.
HP Recommended

@nickk501

This seems to be a Motherboard issue. Please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.