cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
33 29 1 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant - I can no longer sign in and get personalized info

HP Recommended
Elitebook 745 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is to all you HP Experts out there! First of all, I thank you for devoting your time and attention today to these forums.

I last posted this question here but did not get satisfactory answers.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/No-longer-have-the-option-to-si...

To sum it up, when I first got my Elitebook 745 G3, I registered my machine with HP online. After this step, the HP Support Assistant that came with it had my personal information on it - warranty dates, and even name and address and so forth.

The HPSA screen for me then looked something like this (images scoured from the web, not from my personal machine)

Note the four tab layout.

Over the course of a few weeks I decided to upgrade my machine myself, first with more RAM and secondly, with an SSD. Since my machine was fairly new and wasn't 'lived in' yet, so to speak, I decided to just reformat and reinstall Windows 10 using the recovery media provided. I did this so that my OS would reside on the SSD instead of the factory standard HDD. I figured that it would be easier to do than mess around with third party software solutions to migrate the boot partition to the SSD.

However, after doing this - I have since lost the personal touch of HPSA, as it were. When I start it up, I am faced with this screen instead:

Note now, the very bare and generic looking two tab layout.

I no longer have the option of signing in and seeing all my personal information in HPSA.

This isn't a machine breaking flaw, I'll have to admit, but I do like having HPSA around. It is a one-stop shop for me in terms of getting an overview of my system information. In its earlier incarnation it even managed to detect a connected (via VGA!) HP monitor, with correct model name, serial number and warranty expiry as well - I was quite impressed.

It's just that I'm not inclined to keep this software if it's no longer personalized to me, if that makes sense.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled HPSA more than a dozen times, from various different HP sources, so much so that I recognize the spXXXX installer file by sight now. All to no avail. I always get the bare 2 tab version. No option to sign in with my HP Passport credentials.

I will be much obliged if anyone can help shed a light on this intriguing mystery for me.

But wait - there's more! A second question, perhaps an even more mysterious one - in the last time since I had HPSA installed, it flagged an important BIOS update for me. The name of this update was rather sketchy to say the least, "Treasure Island_LadyLuck System BIOS". It sounds like a piece of malware, to be honest, but the source is from HP!

This was asked by fellow HP Forumer Vorna here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Support-Assistant-BIOS-update/m-p/6321083#M14682...

But there were no answers, I'm afraid. Interesting to note that we both have the same type of machine - Elitebook 745 G3.

(It's a good machine, by the way, and I love it to bits!)

I thank any and all who have taken the time to read my lengthy post. Good day ahead to you, wherever you are!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
63 63 6 16
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi RDAB , 

You may try to uninstall the HPSA completely and reinstall it again . And Bios update can also be tried . I think this change in interface is due to updated Hardware and HPSA works best with and for factory installed hardware .

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation