Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite X2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant on my Elite X2 G$ was version 9.6.761.0. This version is newer than version available from official HP website (version 9.6.714.0). It has been updated from Microsoft Store.

After reboot, HP Support Assistant stop working. It stated that no support service is available, and recommend me to uninstall then download HP Support Assistant from HP website which is version 9.6.714.0.

I proceed to uninstall HP Support Assistant, then reboot, and attempted to reinstall HP Download Assistant downloaded from the website. It refuse to install, stated that there is newer version on my system. So nothing I can doi to reinstall HP Support Assistant and make it work.

There is no HP Support solution frameworks on my apps list to uninstall. 

Help please. How can I reinstall HP Support Assistant and make it work as it should be? How to completely remove all components of HP Support Assistant dso that I can reinstall and make it work

Help and advise please

Regards

Sanchai

Bangkok, Thailand

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

It has been updated from Microsoft Store from version 9.6.761 to version 9.6.838.0 on November 3, 2020. After reboot, HP Support Assistant stop working. It stated that server service is not available and aks me to uninstall and reinstall, Uninstalll is OK but reinstall cannot be done as stated above

HP Recommended

I have tested that whenever I accept the update from Microsoft Store from version 9.6.761.0 (that work fine) to version 9.6.838, then reboot, HP Support Assistant will stop working.

why HP release this version 9.6.838 via Microsoft Store that cause problem? It’s very confusing. Where and how will HP Support Assistant update to a new working version? Will it do it automatically, or it will be done through Microsoft Store, otr what?

I hope HP will clear this mess  I have a system ubackup that I can restore my PC back to version 9.6.761 and get it work. But it’s a completely waste of time

please clear this mess

HP Recommended

Same issue for me. I have to uninstall the application installed by Microsoft Store and reinstall the application downloaded from HP web site. Then the application works again.

The problem is that this issue happens EVERYTIME I update applications with Microsoft Store.

Please HP, inform Microsoft about this mess!

HP Recommended

How can you  uninstall HPSA from Microsoft Atore and reinstall version 9.6.714.9 from HPSA website? I do so buy PTT the version from HPSA webpage refuse ton8nstall, stated that I have newer version on my system. The installer just quit. In fact, HPSA has been un8nstall and I have rebooted.

Can you inform me how to 7n8nstall Microsoft Store version and reinstall HPSA website version?

HP Recommended

I had this same issue.  When Support Assistant is updated by Microsoft Store it stops working.  I uninstalled via Settings/Apps.   Reinstalled from HP download page.  Works again.  I turned Store auto update off.

Don't know what I'll do in future.  

HP Recommended

For my case, after I uninstalled HPSA version 9.6.838.0, which got updated from Microsoft Store because it do not work. I cannot install HPSA downloaded from official HP HPSA web site. It stated that newer version is on my system, and the installer just quit.

I believe that HPSA left a lot of remnants on my system after uninstall, and they block new installation.

i would like to know how can I completely uninstall HPSA and other components entirely so that I can start fresh.

There is no HP services support frameworks on rage app and features list that I can uninstall.

Where can I completely remove HPSA so that nothing remains on my system. Can HP developers come and give step by step to completely remove HPSA?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem...has anyone found a solution yet?

HP are you not monitoring this issue?

HP Recommended

I noticed I had an "option update" in Windows Update, labeled:

"HP Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 4.2.263.0"

After installing this update, Microsoft Store updates "HP Support Assistant" no more (provided that you installed the latest version by yourself, of course!) and "HP Support Assistant" keeps working fine.

HP Recommended

It's fixed!  I downloaded the Update from Microsoft Store.  I assume the update has been fixed.  Everything works fine after installing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.