Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I installed HP Support Assistant 8.8.24.33 on the computer I manage.  I see that HP released a new HP Support Solutions Framework 12.11.24.11.  Do I have any options to remote deploy this update.  Is there a way to trigger a "Check for latest version" or is there an msi installer to update the framework.  Network Admins need options to remotely manage and update these software tools.  I have deployment tools that I can use to push out software updates.  Just need an MSI installer.

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PirateJoe

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's perform HP Support Assistant in order to update the system software and drivers: 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm not interested on how I maintain my computer.  I want to know how I can maintain/update the 1000 host computers I support.  I was looking fo an MSI installer for the HP Support Solutions Faramework.  I need an MSI installer in order to update my remote users on all the computers I support. 

HP Recommended

@PirateJoe

• Are you getting any error code or message while accessing MSI installer?
  • Have checked whether the MSI installer service stopped?

Let's try this workaround suggested by (thewindowsclub) 

To start the Windows Installer Service:

• In the Run prompt, type MSIExec, and then press Enter.
  • If you get the Windows Installer window which tells you everything about MSIExec, then it’s all good.
  • If you get an error, you might have to start it manually.
  • Right-click on the taskbar, and select Task Manager. Switch to Services, and look for msiserver. Start it.
    And, also I did go through the web and found this article for you: https://documentation.red-gate.com/xx/installing/installing-from-the-msi-file

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
The point is that I need an msi installer for the HP Support Solutions Framework. Does HP have an msi installer for the HP Support Solutions Framework? Most deployment technologies require some type on msi installer in order to remotely deploy software updates. Thanks Joe
HP Recommended

@PirateJoe

That is a Microsoft product, not an HP product.
However, you can download the HP Support Solutions Framework from HP website under software solution

And, also this issue could occur if the HP Support Assistant is corrupted and you need to uninstall HP Support Assistant from control panel first and then uninstall HP Support Solution Framework and then download and install HP Support Assistant again. HP Support Solution Framework will automatically get installed after the HP Support Assistant is installed. (refer the previous post on installing HP support assistant

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.