Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Dragonfly
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not know, how to contact HP in any other way, so I am writing to the forum. I do not have a phone for a time being, and I have an issue with my laptop which is on warranty. I live in Austria, and according to the website, in Austria HP only provides support by phone. I managed to contact the North American support via chat, but their replies were rude and useless, I will just quote the last couple of sentences

12:31 AM  A N: so you are saying that if I do not have a phone, I need to go to the service center, but to find the service center I need to call the support by phone, right?
12:32 AM  Ashwin: Yes. I am not aware of the link.
12:33 AM  Ashwin: It's my absolute pleasure assisting you today. Thank you for being an HP Valued Customer.You can save or print the transcript for your referenceUse the Print Icon or Folder Icon located on the right Top corner for the Chat appletclick on the printer Icon to print.Click on the Folder Icon to save the transcriptPlease make a note of the Case ID xxxx for your future reference while I go ahead and close this chat session.
12:33 AM  A N: doesn't your reply contain a loop? 🙂
12:34 AM  Ashwin: I am unfortunately not authorized to setup service for the units outside the US, kindly contact the regional support and they would assist you here.
12:34 AM  Ashwin has ended the session.

Is it really impossible in 2020 to contact HP about a warranty case without having a phone? Nor is it possible to give feedback about the chat support?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@t375 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

The Community cannot help with this - support operations are in the hands of HP.

That said, I've submitted a request that someone take a look...

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.