Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z Book Firefly 15 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi is it possible to enable fingerprint option to open up chrome or any apps i choose, in case someone did get into my laptop which is encrypted or i happen to leave it open and forget to close essential apps.

I have this type of set up on my android phone using a built in feature on my antivirus software is it possible for the hp software to do the same if so how may i set this up?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Any help at all? 

HP Recommended

i am not sure exactly what you are asking for

you say that if you login to Windows and leave it open so anyone can access the system while you walk away, then no... Windows is available to anyone typing on the keyboard or using the mouse

the closest i could think of is to set a windows lock activation or screen lock activation for a few seconds (or as long as you desire)... but this will end up inconveniencing you more than may be needed

on hp's new elitebook x360 1030/40 g7, we have implemented new presence aware sensors to automatically lock the display if the user walks away... new for 2020 on these systems

if i misunderstood your request, please, explain

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

So can the hp software be used to require fingerprint in order to open chrome? 

HP Recommended

NO... HP software does not have that capability.... you can search the Internet for possible solutions... for example: https://beebom.com/how-lock-apps-windows-10/ - HP does not endorse this or any other solution

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.