Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Tilt Pen

Silly question, perhaps but... I recently bought an HP Spectre x360 which came with a Tilt Pen. The pen doesn't come with a charging cable (really, HP, for a premium product like this?) - can I charge it direct on the laptop AC adapter when not charging the laptop whilst I am waiting for a cable I've had to buy to arrive?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I don't think I would charge it with the laptop charger. I believe the Tilt Pen uses a usb-c cable to connect it to a port on the laptop for charging.  I  think the laptop charger is too powerful to charge it safely and would likely damage it.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks, that's what I was wondering but couldn't find any definitive answer.

HP Recommended

@Anna-user

I found another post about the pen. The guy said he ruined his pen by connecting the laptop charger to it. So, definitely do not try that. It is odd that a cable isn't included for the pen.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Questions-regarding-HP-Tilt-pe...

HP Recommended

Thanks Cheryl. I bought a cable that arrived today but after charging on this cable connected to the laptop I am getting nothing from the pen - no lights, no bluetooth. I've followed the instructions but nothing is happening. Have I missed something like a hidden on/off button?

HP Recommended

Update - it does seem to be working on the laptop screen but the laptop doesn't see it as a bluetoth device and i am still not getting any lights!

HP Recommended

@Anna-user

Have you tried pressing the top for 3 seconds?

Do you have the latest Tilt pen driver?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87501-88000/sp87993.exe

I don't have the Tilt Pen- mine came with HP Pen which doesn't have bluetooth so I am not at all sure what is going on with it.You should be getting a blue light to show it is ready to pair but I haven't found any instructions that are clear on this. 

I would contact HP Support for help with it. Open HP Support Assistant  on your Spectre. Look for Support tab at top of window. This should give you phone support for Spectre.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.