Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello Guys

I tried to use the USB-C G5 Docking with my MacBook Pro 13 2020. Everything works fine, except the MacBook doesn't charge. Does anyone know if this is a problem on the HP or Apple side? The docking delivers up to 100W, that's more than enough to charge a MacBook.

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Newest Firmware Update for the docking fixed the problem, the MacBook charges now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

the usb-c g5 dock PD supports the following voltages: 5V , 9V, 10V, 12V, 15V, 20V all at 5A MAX

check with the macbook manual/specs and see if it uses a different voltage 

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Spects are compatible and I have no issues charging the MacBook with other power adapters with the same spects...

HP Recommended

Newest Firmware Update for the docking fixed the problem, the MacBook charges now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.