Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elite Book 850 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've got HP Elite Book 850 G4 Notebook PC plugged to Ultra Slim docking station. Which, has two display ports to connect. Connected both LG monitors, the Primary monitor is an LG Ultra HP 4k 27inch Monitor and the Secondary monitor is LG Ultra Wide 29inch model. 

Now the problem is the primary monitor is displaying properly at 3840*2160 resolution. Whereas, the secondary monitor s capable of 2560*1080 60p HZ, but only giving the option to up 1920*1080 resolution. 

Can someone please advise, what else can I do to fix my second monitor resolution issue 

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

1. Tested connecting only one monitor at a time is displaying proper resolution on each
  2. Tested the same as above via ultra slim, working fine
  3. However, placing the laptop on to the docking station that is connected via display ports for the both the monitors still seems to be a problem, only one of the monitor is showing 4k resolution and the other one  is not giving more than 1920*1080 on my ultra wide 29th monitor. Problem with this is the image is getting stretched 

Note: I've updated my notebook graphic drivers as well as the monitor display driver. Connected both using the genuine display port cables to the docking station, both the monitors have only display port and an HDMI port to connect.

Thanks

Ravi

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try updating the dock firmware. That fixed a bunch of issues for us. 

HP Recommended

Did tried updating Dock firmware still no luck. 

Is there anything else that I should be trying next?

Thanks

Ravi 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.