Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 850 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After returning to my laptop I saw two new notifications saying that HP Wolf Security found two threats and files were quarantined: msedge.exe and msedgewebview2.exe, both files were in folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Temp\source3840_836237379\89.0.774.45\. There is no additional description of the nature of the threat.

These look like Edge browser executables, but if I try to see the folder, there is no Temp folder in folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\.

I deleted the files from the Wolf quarantene, but in few hours the same thing happened, same two Wolf notifications.

I should mention that I very rarely use Edge browser, I use other browser by default.

I don't understand what is happening, does anybody have any explanation?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I think the temp folder is related to the installation for an update to MS Edge.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same situation happening. The notifications started a few dasy ago, but now today I'm getting "file cannot be restored" error repeatedly. Can't seem to get the notification to go away.

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm also having this issue. It's continuously notifying me when I open my computer. I'd gladly uninstall MS Edge, but sadly, that's not an option. 

HP Recommended

Yeah, same problem here too. It won't stop reporting msedge.exe as a threat.

HP Recommended

Are HP even monitoring this issue, no response from them? If there is no response then i'm going to have to uninstall HP Wolf as have irate users.

HP Recommended

Same here. Now there is a HP SureSense Services which relateD to HP Wolf Security notification that restore files failed pop up every time I reboot m6 HP Elite X2 G4 or wh3n I run HP Wolf Secuirty. Very buggy and annoying HP bloat ware.

How to fix this without time consuming uninstall and reinstall HP.Sure Sense

HP Recommended

Same here. Now there is a HP SureSense Services which relateD to HP Wolf Security notification that restore files failed pop up every time I reboot m6 HP Elite X2 G4 or wh3n I run HP Wolf Secuirty. Very buggy and annoying HP bloat ware.

HP Recommended

So how do I uninstall HP Wolf Security?

HP Recommended

i am facing same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.