Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP X360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have forty HP X360 laptops in our business that are all connected to the HP Thunderbolt 120W G2 docking stations and we just had our fourth one no longer want to recognize it. 

Unplugged the laptop to go to a meeting and when they came back to their desk to plug it in, nothing worked. 
The docking station can still run power, and other laptops can connect to it. The laptop itself just won't see the docking station and launch. 

Thunderbolt software reloaded but nothing is working. The laptop will not connect to any of the docks.

All the basics have been checked, 

Restarted, turned it off and back on just like Roy suggested. 

Reloaded software and drivers

Made sure the service was running inside the task manager

Opened the Thunderbolt software and it will not see devices. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JeffStandley

Welcome to the HP Support Community

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. In order to resolve the issue we have to elevate the case to next level, I will share you few details through a private message

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. 

Troubleshooting done:

Updated ThunderBolt

BIOS Updated

Video Driver updated

This brings back the dock for a short ime, but it works a few times and then is not recognized again.

Same problem of power works through the dock, but no attached items will work and entire dock is not recognized in device manager.

HP Recommended

We got them to work by going into the BIOS and turning off the LAN/WAN switching and it connects right back up. 

HP Recommended

@DonnaAtCSU wrote:

I have the same problem. 

Troubleshooting done:

Updated ThunderBolt

BIOS Updated

Video Driver updated

This brings back the dock for a short ime, but it works a few times and then is not recognized again.

Same problem of power works through the dock, but no attached items will work and entire dock is not recognized in device manager.

In addition to performing the above troubleshooting steps, I would recommend updating the firmware for the dock.

HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Firmware Installer (1.0.49.1 Rev.E | Nov 22, 2018)

Please ensure you've got your drivers updated to the versions listed under System Requirements.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.