Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp zbook studio g5

Dear all,

I  recently bought this notebook, however on checking the warranty, I found out that I have only about four (4) months on the notebook. I bought the notebook sometime in July 2020 from a retailer here in Nigeria. Is there any way I can claim my actual warranty months  which is twelve(12).? Thank You.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @AbuAdam123 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Yes, do not worry. You can actually file a warranty dispute following these instructions >> https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c05084516

Longer description:

HP Support software and website count the PC or printer warranty with a start date the exact date the machine has been manufactured or when it left the factory.

But the real support coverage for the warranty starts from when you actually obtained (purchased) the device. Since most computers are actually sold by resellers, distributors and partners, HP cannot know exactly 100% when (on which date exactly) all computers are purchased. Usually, there may be some weeks or months from the date of production to the date of purchase.

Example:

- PC was manufactured on February 15th,  2019

- PC was off and packed, and was in the warehouse of some PC retail store

- User purchased the PC in August, 2019

- User started using their PC from September, 2019

- Real warranty period actually starts from August, 2019.

- Real warranty period may need to be manually adjusted in HP systems to reflect the period where the PC was in the warehouse and not used (before sold).

In order to adjust the real warranty period in the HP systems, there is a special known procedure for warranty dispute. All you need is to contact HP Customer Support department.

Here is an article describing what you need to do >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

Note that you may need to show some proof of purchase (invoice, receipt or else) to prove the exact date you purchase the device on.

Thank you for choosing HP !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

dispute link issue.jpgthank you for your prompt and helpful response. I cannot find the dispute link. As shown in the document, it means the product might be "commercial" product and cannot be disputed online. I will be grateful if you can help further.

HP Recommended

@AbuAdam123

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your update, @AbuAdam123 

Please, follow @Betty0610 's instructions via private message.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.