Marimutuali
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP ZBOOK STUDIO G5 FHD CALIBRATION

HP Recommended
Zbook g5 fhd calibration
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone knows the srgb gamut coverage of the G5 fhd? It's not stated in the data sheet. Very frustrating.
3 REPLIES 3
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think Eddy managed to pick the wrong QuickSpec. The correct QuickSpec seems to be here.

The only display option with a quoted gamut figure is the UHD DreamColor display, which is quoted at 100% Adobe RGB. If you care about gamut, is there a reason why you don't want that screen option? I realise there is a small weight penalty and the "10 bit" capability is actually 8+2 FRC, but that's better than 8 bit nevertheless.

There is, of course, a cost penalty for the DreamColor option, not least because I expect you are forced to specify the nVidia Quadro P1000 GPU (as I don't believe the Intel integrated GPU has 10 bit support). There's a small weight penalty for DreamColor, also a power penalty in DreamColor mode because the nVidia GPU must remain in use.

EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,953 2,888 392 1,257
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, sorry, my mistake.

Forgot to add the "Studio" portion.

- Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EddyK wrote:

Yes, sorry, my mistake.

Forgot to add the "Studio" portion.

- Eddy

It is so easily done with several products having very similar names. I only spotted it because I specified a ZBook on Friday. In the current 15 inch ZBook lineup you have the ZBook 15u G5, the ZBook 15 G5 (a very different machine to the 15u), the ZBook Studio G5 and the ZBook Studio x360 G5! On top of that are the 17 inch models and the ZBook x2 detachable.

Thanks for what you and the other Experts do - it is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation